NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
MILLERS ARMS ELSING index
MILL STREET
Rectory Road
EYNESFORD HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED
 
Licensees :
-
THOMAS MACK
grocer & victualler
1836
MARY ANN MACK 1845

William Wier is recorded as a beer retailer in 1846, but no confirmation that he was at this house. ( Mermaid not mentioned at all ) See John Wyer / Wier at Mermaid
Image thanks to Anthony Smith 2009
2009 Image thanks to Anthony Smith

House believed to have been the Millers Arms.
Room at left hand side of view was fitted with seating typical of a beerhouse.

The house appears to have ceased trading by 1850, however in 1964 when tenants Morris and Joyce Gould moved in, one room still contained a serving hatch and green painted wooden seating all round the walls. Shelves for glasses also survived.
The seating and shelving were removed at that time but the serving hatch survived to 2009.

No further record yet found.