NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CHEQUERS FORNCETT St MARY Index
HIGH ROAD
BAYES LANE
DEPWADE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED c1983
HENSTEAD & DEPWADE REGISTERS taken 10th Sept. 1789, 9th Sept. 1790 & 11th Sept. 1794
MORGANS Supplied as FREEHOUSE for the first time, during the year commencing November 1839.
BULLARDS   
WATNEY MANN Closed by Watney Mann (East Anglia) Ltd c1983 : Not de-licensed until 1994?
Licensees :
-  
WILLIAM COOK / COOKE Here 1789 - 1801
ANN COOK 1801
-  
CANHAM HARVEY
(Died Q2 1869 - age 85)
* 1836 - * 1850
JOHN BAKER
age 27
*1851 - *1852
8th June 1852 - Fine of 5s and 14s 6d costs for selling beer after 10:00pm. Property described as a beerhouse.
ELIJAH HARVEY
(Died Q2 1868 - age 41)
* 1854 - * 1858
GEORGE HARVEY
& farmer 6 acres
Died Q4 1892 - age 77
1861 - 1892
ALFRED STONE 1896
THOMAS BAXTER 1900
JAMES BAXTER
Died June 1922 - age 75
1901 - 1922
ARTHUR ERNEST MANN 1925 - 1937
-  
....... MOSS c1962
-  


The will of William Cook (c1725 - 1801) was written at The Chequers in which he lived and owned.
Upon his death his wife Ann was to be allowed to continue living there and when she died  it was to be passed to his son, John.

Appears in Licence Register taken 10th September 1789.


Morgans sales for 1960 were : -
Barrels of beer 104
Spirits 24

 

Seth Reeder advises (04.2003) ........
that the house was known locally as `The Bunk ' from the 1950's.