NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BUCK HEMPTON Index
THE GREEN GALLOW HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1934
GALLOW REGISTERS TAKEN September 1789 & September 1794 and GALLOW LICENCE REGISTERS PS 26/18/1 to PS 26/18/2 (1903 to 1960)
BIDWELLS Of East Dereham
BIDWELLS Executors of the late Thomas Shelford Bidwell
BIDWELLS purchased 1st April 1905 by E. C. Quilter - trading continued as Bidwells of Thetford.
BULLARDS     
Licensees :
-  
ROBERT DEWSON 1783
ROBERT DAWSON 1789
THOMAS NORMAN 1794
JOHN NORMAN
(also given 1839)
1830
WILLIAM NORMAN
& bricklayer
Age 70 in 1841
1836 - 1845
JOHN JOHNSON 1846
ROBERT BRUNDLE (36)
(Robert Brundell in 1856)
& timber merchant 1858
1850 - 1863
Monday 21st February 1850 - Fine of 5s and 9s 6d costs for selling out of hours. See opposite.
GEORGE GATES
& boot maker
1864 - 1881
Mrs MARY GATES 1883 - 1896
ROBERT GATES by 1900
WILLIAM HOWE 30.11.1908
ARTHUR FREDERICK GOODWIN
(Walter Goodwins ? 1911 - age 48)
28.12.1910
CHARLES HANNANT 29.04.1918
to closure



Named the STAGS HEAD when advertised for sale 1779 and the DEERS HEAD when advertised for sale 8th November 1783.
Brewhouse, stable and Yard were included.
A rent of £9 per annum was paid by Mr Dewson.

As HORNS in both September 1789 and September 1794 Gallow Registers.

At the Petty Sessions held 21st February 1850 it was heard that beer had been served in the house, on Sunday 27th January, before mid-day. The name of licensee was reported as Robert Brunton and the house named HORNS


Referred for Compensation 19.06.1934 and again 06.11.1934.
Licence expired 14.11.1934