NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
FERRY BOAT HOCKWOLD Index
  GRIMSHOE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED by 1914
GRIMSHOE LICENCE REGISTERS taken 7th September 1789 & 15th September 1794
LACONS Purchased in 1898 for £600
Licensees :
-
-  
JOHN WOOLSEY 1789
THOMAS ALLISON 1794
-  
CHARLES FULLER 1836 - 1846
WILLIAM PYMER
age 51 in 1851
1851 - 1872
Mrs SELINA EELIZABETH ENEFER ( nee Morley )
Widowed 1874, remarried W G Oxer 1877
1875 - 1877
WILLIAM GEORGE OXER 1879 - 1883
ROBERT HARDING 1891
GRIMMER ROLFE 1896 - 1900
GEORGE FLACK 1904
MARK FLACK
( Nephew of  W G Oxer )
1908
ALFRED MAYES 1912
JOHN MAYES 1914
ERNEST HARRISON
in residence
1915





The BOAT in Grimshoe Registers taken 1789 and 1784.


As named in directories from 1836 and in census returns from 1851 to 1891.

Occupied by John Mayes in July 1914 when a survey stated that
" This house has not been used as a beer house for some time ".
The owner at the time was Lacons Brewery of Gt. Yarmouth.
8 acres, 1 rood & 21 perches of land were included with the property.