NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
KINGS HEAD HORSHAM St FAITHS index
15 BACK STREET
CHURCH STREET
TAVERHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 2009
BLOFIELD, TAVERHAM & WALSHAM REGISTER taken September 1789 & September 1794 and TAVERHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 27/8/1 - PS 27/8/2 (1878 to 1975)          (note 1887 to 1903 missing)
St GEORGES BREWERY Part of the St Georges, WESTON Brewery estate sold to Y,C&Y at auction 18th August 1864
YOUNGS, CRAWSHAY & YOUNGS  
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY
BRENT WALKER 03.1988
PHOENIX INNS  
Alison Hall & Mandy Proctor From 2005
Licensees :
-
JAMES COPEMAN 1789 - 1794
-  
-  
-  
GEORGE ORSBORN 1836
JEREMIAH LARWOOD
age 50 in 1851
& hand loom weaver
1845 - 1854
ROBERT CABLE 1856  to 1874
Mrs HANNAH CABLE 03.05.1874
WILLIAM EGLINGTON by 1888
SAMUEL MEDLER by 1892
SAMUEL AMIS 1896 - 1900
ARTHUR CHAPMAN 1903 to 1933
WILLIAM GEORGE TYRRELL
(Brewery representative)
15.05.1933
SAMUEL V FIELD 24.06.1933
ARTHUR WILLIAM EASTON 01.08.1936
WILLIAM ROBERT KEMP 03.10.1953
JACOB GORDON WARD 25.03.1954 - 1957+
-  
-  
-  
The Kings Head - 02.07.1996
July 1996

Mentioned 1614 in a boundary dispute between
Sir Henry Hobart of St Faith's Manor and
Lord Dacre of Horsford
( EEN 04.03.09 )

Recorded in Register of Blofield, Taverham & Walsham Hundred licensed houses taken 9th September 1789.

Advertised for sale by Phoenix Inns June 1996

Application made March 2009 to change of use to
residential dwelling.
Approval granted.
House closed by July 2009