NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BULL INN LITTLE WALSINGHAM index
COMMON PLACE
SHIREHALL PLAIN
NORTH GREENHOE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE 01328 820333
NORTH GREENHOE REGISTER 10th September 1794 and NORTH GREENHOE LICENCE REGISTER PS 27/8/1 & PS 27/8/2 (1903 - 1975)
LETHERINGSETT BREWERY Conveyed by Clement Cozens-Hardy to Morgans 12th March 1896
MORGANS 11.04.1967
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN  
-  
TAGER INNS LTD By 2003  : Reg office : 443 Ashley Road, Parkstone, Poole, BH14 0AX
Licensees :
-
-  
JAMES CURTIS 1789 - 1794
-  
-  
GEORGE WACEY 1822 - 1834
WILLIAM S JOHNSON 1836 - 1839
RICHARD RAWSTON 1845
JOHN SCOTT 1846
THOMAS BARNES (44) 1851
THOMAS STRIBLING 1854 - 1856
FREDERICK IVES 1858 - 1892
THOMAS HUGHES junior 1896
AUSTIN JOHN GOODWIN 1900 to 1910
GEORGE SHINN 07.11.1910
CHARLES THOMAS LAWS 06.01.1913
HENRY JAMES ROLL 02.06.1913
SIDNEY CORNISH 06.12.1920
ARTHUR WOOD 03.11.1952
WILLIAM JOHN HADNETT 07.01.1957
HUBERT FRANK SMITH 04.12.1961
-
-
NEIL COWLING (manager) by 11.2003
-  
-  

OS Grid ref 934369

address : -

The Bull
High Street
Little Walsingham
Norfolk
NR2 6BY


Thanks to Nichola Rayner of Tager Inns Ltd
for the update 12.2003


Dates from 15th C.

BLACK BULL 1794

George Wacey, Alehouse keeper, assigned his personal Estate and Effects to Trustees, for the equal Benefit of his Creditors as notice dated 5th November 1834.

To Let with Immediate Possession 27th March 1852.
Apply to Mr. Cozens Hardy, Letheringsett.

Morgans sales 1960 were 59 barrels of beer plus 13 spirits.

Closure agreed at First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P 29th May 1962 ~ Sales given as 64 barrels.
The tenant of one year was aged 37

However still operating 1976
and today offering fine ales and food.