NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WHEATSHEAF INN MARSHLAND St. JAMES index
MIDDLE DROVE FREEBRIDGE MARSHLAND BEERHOUSE CLOSED
FREEBRIDGE LICENCE REGISTER PS 6/4/1 (1936 - 1960)
MILLS BREWERY of Wisbech
HALL, CUTLACK & HARLOCK  
EAST ANGLIAN BREWERIES  
STEWARD & PATTESON  
Licensees :
-  
HENRY HOWLETT
age 50 in 1851
1845 - 1851
WILLIAM WHITEMAN 1854 - 1888
THOMAS GOODLEY 1890 - 1892
HENRY RYLETT 1896 - 1900
JOHN HUND 1904
SAMUEL POWLEY 1908
BURTON WILES 1912 - 1916
FREDERICK GEORGE CHALKE
( also as Chalks )
by 1929
EDWARD ERNEST NICHOLLS 14.11.1938
GEORGE ERNEST GOWARD 06.10.1952
to closure

Location given as Fen.

Transferred from the parish of Walpole St. Peter to Marshland St. James.

Closure proposed by Bullards at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and Steward & Patteson 29.05.1962.
NOT agreed. Sales reported as 100+ barrels.

Closed 27.06.1966
80½ barrels of beer sold in the final year of trading.

Licence surrendered.

 

See also the WHEATSHEAF, Walpole St. Peter.