NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WHITE HOUSE MATTISHALL Index
SOUTH GREEN MITFORD HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED 12.11.1970
MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 12/5/1 & PS 12/5/2 ( 1901 - 1975 )
STEWARD & PATTESON Described as Leasehold, held by Steward, Patteson, Finch & Co , first supplied 1845-1846
BULLARDS by 1866 ( William Pond possibly became a tenant for Bullards 11.10.1852 )
WATNEY MANN 04.04.1967 to 1970
Licensees :
-  
WILLIAM POND
age 37 in 1851
& dealer
( SARAH A POND 1891 )
* 1845 - 1909
WILLIAM ROBERT PIGNEY 15.10.1909
CHARLES WILLIAM BACKLER 14.11.1924
ERNEST RONALD DEAMER 21.05.1937
FREDERICK ERNEST MOSES 12.04.1940
BENJAMIN JOHN CUDDEN 14.02.1964
NOEL EDMUND ALLEN 06.02.1967
ANDREW JOHN HARDY
( Brewery representative  )
20.11.1970


Also referenced as the WHITE HORSE ( 1868, 1872, 1877, 1900 & 1922 )

Steward & Patteson report prepared for Watney Mann ( East Anglia ) Ltd in June 1969 recommended immediate closure.
The report stated :-
``Out of main street and difficult to find......Earth closets and no bathroom...''

It was agreed at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and S&P, 29th May 1962 that Mattishall could only support 2 pubs and that this house should close. The Landlord was aged 70 and had been a tenant for 22 years ( Mr F Moses ). Sales reported as 58 barrels.

27 barrels of draught beer plus 75 barrels of bottled beer sold in the final year of trading.

Licence not applied for 11.02.1972