NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WINDMILL METHWOLD index
HIGH STREET
BRANDON ROAD
GRIMSHOE HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED c1920
BIDWELLS  (House owned by Samuel Henry Winfield of Stoke Ferry in 1885/6)
Licensees :
-  
JOSEPH FLATT
(56)
& farmer 18 acres
1851
ROBERT W FLATT 1854 - 1865
JOHN HOWES
& pig dealer
1868 - 1897
BEATRICE & ARTHUR W. HOWES 1898 - 1920

Thanks to Paula Howes for the update 01.11.02

With thanks to Clifford Flogdell for added information on the licensees.
See :-
METHWOLD INNS & INNKEEPERS
1836 to 1970

by Cliff Flogdell

© Cliff Flogdell 2003

Last mentioned when Bidwells was purchased by E. C. Quilter 1st April 1905.

Beatrice & Arthur Howes are given at an un-named beerhouse in 1908 and 1916.

Arthur Howes served in the army with the Suffolk Regiment, taking part in operations in India and in South Africa (Boer War), leaving his wife Beatrice to run the house in the early 1900's.