NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WHITE SWAN PORINGLAND Index
THE STREET HENSTEAD HUNDRED FULL LICENCE See OLD GRUMPY'S
YOUNGS, CRAWSHAY & YOUNGS Property of John Youngs the Elder 17th March 1888
BULLARDS   
WATNEY MANN   
Licensees :
-  
RICHARD LAWS * 1836 - * 1839
JOHN LAWS * 1845
RICHARD LAWS
& bricklayer
* 1846 - 1865
JAMES LAWS 06.04.1865
JAMES HARRIS
& dealer & farmer 19 acres 1871
& cattle dealer 1883
11.10.1867 - 1892
CORNELIUS CHARLES WHIPPS 1896 - 1912
HERBERT KETT 1915 - 1916
ROBERT MILES 1922
FRED CHARLES RISING 1925 - 1937
.
.



On Saturday 9th June 1849, the shop of John Hutchin was offered for sale by auction. Another lot in the same auction was a Beer-house, Large Barn, Yards, Gardens, Orchards, and Pightles of Land in the occupation of Richard Laws. Two cottages adjoining the Public-house, occupied by Widow Cann and Widow Howes were also on offer. Location given as abutting on the public road, near the church.

Rebuilt beside original house by Bullards in mid 1960's.

Renamed Old Grumpy's 15.12.1996