NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
FARRIERS ARMS REEPHAM - HACKFORD index
CHURCH STREET EYNESFORD HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED 1907
Eynesford licence Register c1878 - 1907 :  PS/3/4/1 - 5
ROBERT PARKER GOOCH Named the HORSE SHOE in the licence register
Licensees :
THOMAS GRAND
blacksmith & farrier
( At the Horse Shoe in 1836 )
1839 - 1851
ROBERT PARKER GOOCH
& farrier
& Veterinary Surgeon 1854
1851 - 1907



As named in the 1861 census

Found as the HORSE SHOE in 1836 & in the Licence Registers from 1903.
The Licence Registers record that the licence was referred to the Compensation Authority 26th February 1906.
On 30th December 1907 the Compensation Authority declared that no compensation would be awarded.

Premises continued in use as a blacksmiths, the last horse being shoed in 1962.

The site was redeveloped as a shop.

 

 

Updates to licensees thanks to ``Fifteen Locals '' by Joyce Cox