NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
SWAN SHIPDHAM Index
SWAN LANE
MARKET STREET
MITFORD HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED c1905
MITFORD REGISTER taken 12th September 1794 & MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 12/5/1 & PS 12/5/2 (1901 to 1975)
DEREHAM BREWERY Included in 1828 sale
BIDWELLS to closure 1905
Licensees :
-  
JEREMIAH PRATT 1794
-  
-  
CHARLES COOPER 1830
CHARLES GREEN 1836
WILLIAM SAYER
Age 30 in 1841
1839 - * 1841
ANTHONY EAGLING 1845 - * 1850
JEREMIAH CLARKE 1854 - 1858
JOHN PAYNE 1861
WILLIAM VINCE
& tailor
1864 - 1877
WILLIAM SKIPPER 1881 - 1882
ROBERT YOUNGS 1883 - 1892
GEORGE MAYES 1896 - 1900
GEORGE FOWLER WILLIAMSON by 1901
JEREMIAH WINDEBANK 08.04.1904

 

Address as Market Street in 1841 census.

Brothers William and Zachariah Rudling were charged Friday 8th September 1882 of refusing to quit the premises and breaking the door, three mugs, a decanter and a looking glass. On 26th August the pair had become quarrelsome and began to fight. Damage caused was valued at 20s and they had paid that to William Skipper so he did not wish that charge to be proceeded with. For admitting that they were drunk on licensed premises the brothers were each fined 8s 9d with 5s costs; in default, seven days imprisonment.


Referred to Compensation 03.03.1905
Licence extinct 07.06.1906

Sold along with 3 other houses for a total sum of £1750 as document dated 24.05.1906