NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
FERRY BOAT INN SOUTHERY Index
FERRY BANK CLACKCLOSE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED June 1985
CLACKCLOSE LICENCE REGISTERS September 1794 & PS 7/4/1 to PS 7/4/3 (1917 - 1949)
MEPAL BREWERY Messrs Vipan
ELIJAH EYRES to 1878
A & B HALL of Ely (Owned by Bertram Hall of Blundeston Lodge, Lowestoft in 1915)
HALL, CUTLACK & HARLOCK from 15th December 1930
STEWARD & PATTESON    
WATNEY MANN     
Licensees :
-  
THOMAS WEASENHAM (?)
(Boat)
1794
-  
-  
WILLIAM PORTER
died 1832 of cholera
to 1832
ELIZABETH PORTER
age 53 in 1851
1845 - 1851
WILLIAM PORTER (21) 1854
ELIZABETH PORTER 1856
GEORGE OSLER
& plumber & glazier
(Killed in fall from cart)
1858 - 1861
Mrs MARTHA OSLER widow
(Married John Porter 1866) 
1863 - 1865
JOHN PORTER 1868 - 1871
GEORGE HARTLEY 1872 - 1896
JOHN MORGAN 1900
ROBINSON BROWN 1904
GEORGE HENRY HOLMAN by 1908
ELLEN HOLMAN 24.07.1922
DAVID NICHOLLS 07.04.1924
FREDERICK LINCOLN 03.11.1949
-  
W. BENTON 1967
-
-  

Image thanks to Stuart Harpley

The sign 1976
Image thanks to Stuart Harpley


Known as the FERRY HOUSE
or the FERRY BOAT.

For sale by auction Monday 7th March 1808.
Part of the extensive estate of the Assignees of William Fisher, brewer of Chatteris. Listed in sale notification as the BOAT

Closure of this house and either the Queen of Hearts or the Ship, proposed at the First Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and Steward & Patteson 29th May 1962, subject to inspection by Mr. L. Canham.
Sales reported as 160 barrels