NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
DOVE SPROWSTON Index
NORTH WALSHAM ROAD TAVERHAM HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED 21.06.1909
TAVERHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 9/8/1 to PS 9/8/3 (31 Aug 1872 - 1957) note:1887 to 1903 missing
transferred to NORWICH LICENCE REGISTER 09.11.1907 - PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 (1867 to 1965)
HENRY BACON of Sprowston
ELIZABETH BACON (Widow) 1878
MORGANS by 1887
Licensees :
-
-  
-  
HENRY BACON
& brickmaker
(Charles Bacon 1877)
by 1869
ELIZABETH BACON 20.07.1878
DANIEL SHORTEN 12.04.1879
Convicted 09.06.1883 for being open out of hours.
Fine 20/- plus 13/- costs.
GEORGE JARMY 25.08.1883
WILLIAM SAUNDERS 13.10.1883
SAMUEL WINTER HIGH 08.12.1883
THOMAS SMITH by 1903
FRANCIS WILLIAM MARKS 06.02.1909




Licence renewal refused at February 1908 Licensing Sessions because the Police stated that it was `` not required for the needs of the neighbourhood''.


Licence refused at Compensation Authority meetings of 21st and 23rd June 1909.
Reported as a beerhouse, owned by Morgans Brewery Ltd. and run by licensee F. R. Marks.

Stands in an area now known as Dovedale.