NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BRIDGE TAVERN THETFORD index
CASTLE STREET
St. CUTHBERTS
THETFORD BOROUGH FULL LICENCE CLOSED April 2011
GRIMSHOE LICENCE REGISTER PS 14/5/1 (1926 - 1954) & THETFORD LICENCE REGISTER PS 14/5/2 (1921 - 1965)
BIDWELL & Co from pre 1868
BULLARDS 1924
WATNEY MANN    
-  
Licensees :
Mr. S. WATSON 09.1876
GEORGE ASH 1879
JOHN BATLEY 1881
WILLIAM CHARLES VICKERY
& foreman smith
1883 - 1896
GEORGE BAMBRIDGE 1900 - 1904
FRANK AUGUSTUS WILKES by 1908
WILLIAM VINCENT 17.11.1921
FREDERICK HENSBY 08.11.1928
FREDERICK HENRY BASSETT 08.02.1934
EDWIN SHEPHERD 08.11.1934
SAMUEL PETER BALDWIN COLLINS 08.07.1937
LESLIE ARTHUR EDWIN COOKE 09.02.1939
WILLIAM WOLF BEAUMONT 02.11.1939
FLORENCE VIOLETTA BEAUMONT 20.07.1950
VICTOR GEORGE DOE 12.02.1959
AUGUSTUS ORTON
(Gus)
c1972
-
-  


First licensed September 1876 when the spirit licence of the ARK was transferred to Mr. Bidwell's new premises.

On Thursday 8th October 1896 the Household Effects including beds, chairs, wash stands and combined mangle and wringer were for sale by auction. Also the Bar and Tap Room Appointments including mahogany refreshment tables, stools, forms, spittoons, etc. And two light carts, luggage cart, iron safe, stable requisites, garden tools, ladders, manure, a Brown Cob and about 30 fowls.
(It seems this was Mr. William Vickery departing the premises.)

The BRIDGE TAVERN 1888, 1892, 1897 & 1904 with location as either Melford Bridge or Melford Common.

BRIDGE HOTEL 1925 & 1937


Valued 25th July 1889 at £700.

Renamed FLINTS 1984 to 1989
returned to the BRIDGE TAVERN thereafter.

Closed in 2009 to reopen
2010 as the RIVERSIDE

Closed April 2011



Plans to reopen as a Burger Restaurant announced January 2015.