NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
QUEENS HEAD THURLTON Index
BECCLES ROAD CLAVERING HUNDRED FULL LICENCE -
STEWARD & PATTESON   
WATNEY MANN  
.. Owned by local residents from 2006 - Norfolk Village Inns Ltd.
Licensees :
-
SARAH HAWKE *1836 - *1845
JOHN GRINT
& blacksmith
(Possibly here from 1846, but only listed as a blacksmith then and the Queens Head is omitted from the directory)
*1854 - 1869
THOMAS BARBER 1871 - 1872
GEORGE HAMMOND 1875 - 1879
RICHARD TIBBENHAM 1881 - 1892
CHARLES SMITH 1896 - 1908
WILLIAM HART
Age 37 in 1911
1911 - 1912
CHARLES PRIME 1915 - 1929
ALFRED VICTOR COLEMAN 1933
ERNEST LINCOLN 1937
-  
PAUL & MARY ANDREWS by 1982 - c1985
PHIL HOADLEY
(ex Norwich City footballer)
c1986 - 1987
............ c1988 - ?
PAT & PETER ROBERTS by mid 2001 to
at least 01.2004
PHIL HOADLEY ? - 2006
-  
JEREMY SMITH by 2011


c1950

John Grint was recorded in the London Gazette of 8th June 1866 as a bankrupt.


Closure proposed by Bullards at first Joint Committee Meeting of Bullards and Steward & Patteson 29th May 1962.
Not agreed : Sales given as 100+ barrels.

Included in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2012
(Published Sept 2011)