NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
NEW INN TILNEY ALL SAINTS Index
LYNN ROAD FREEBRIDGE MARSHLAND BEERHOUSE
later FULL LICENCE
CLOSED
FREEBRIDGE LICENCE REGISTER PS 6/4/1 (1936 - 1960)
SETCH  
BULLARDS Purchased 1942 ( Leased to Bullards previously)
WATNEY MANN  
BRENT WALKER 03/1988
-  
Licensees :
-
JAMES PATTERSON * 1836 - * 1845
WILLIAM BETTS * 1854 - 1858
JONATHAN SEAMAN
Age 38 & master blacksmith
1861
WILLIAM REEDER / READER * 1863 - * 1865
THOMAS BART & carpenter * 1871 - * 1875
FRANCIS WATLING
Age 76 in 1891
& pig dealer
* 1881 - 1892
WILLIAM FAYER 10.10.1893
to at least 1929
EUSTACE HORACE ATKINSON * 1933
ARTHUR CHARLES CASON by 1936
CYRIL GODDARD HORNIGOLD 13.08.1969
-  
-  



This image shows the unusually tall sign post.
The public house is out of shot, to the right.
View from a postcard with postmark of 24th June 1912.


A loan of £19,000 was secured against the deeds of this house, dated 11th August 1898, along with those of  9 other houses. The deeds were deposited at a bank 6th June 1908, according to a letter dated 8th July 1908.
The same letter confirms the tenancy date for William Fayer as commencing 10th October 1893.

Wine licence for On and Off Sales granted 04.03.1953.

Full licence granted 16th May 1962 upon removal from the
MAIDS HEAD, Hainford.

 

Demolished by 2003 and site rebuilt as housing.