NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
EIGHT RINGERS WELLS next the Sea index
CHURCH PLAIN
HIGH STREET
NORTH GREENHOE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 04.05.1970
NORTH GREENHOE REGISTER 10th September 1794 and NORTH GREENHOE LICENCE REGISTERS PS 27/8/1 to PS 27/8/2 (1903 - 1975)
THOMAS BIDWELL of East Dereham.
exors of THOMAS BIDWELL  
EUSTACE CUTHBERT QUILTER Trading as Bidwell & Co of Thetford.
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN 11.04.1967
Licensees :
-  
ELIZABETH WALKER 1791 - 1795
SAMUEL BIDWELL
( Owner ?)
1812
JOHN WALKER 1822
ROBERT FOX 1830 - 1836
THOMAS HAWKINS 1839
THOMAS GRUNDY
Age 35
1841
THOMAS GATH
age 72 in 1851
1845 - 1854
ROBERT MURREY
Robert Murray 1858
1856 - 1862
-  
CHARLES SARSBY 1868 - 1883
WILLIAM LANE 1888
THOMAS FOSTER 1890
JOHN KIRK
& carpenter
1891 - 1892
JAMES SKINNER 1896 - 1900
JOSEPH FREDERICK BULLEN by 1903
ARTHUR CHARLES RIX 01.05.1905
FREDERICK JAMES POWELL 06.11.1905
ARTHUR THOMAS CROSS 03.05.1909
ELEANOR CROSS by 1916
Fine of £2/4/- imposed 04.02.1935
for selling whisky adulterated with water.
WILLIAM HENRY GEORGE SHEPHARD 07.07.1941
ALICE MARY SHEPHARD 05.02.1945
FRANK LLEWELLYN WOODARD MOORE 04.01.1947
FLORENCE HILDA MOORE 06.03.1961
HUGH THOMAS COOKE 07.02.1966
DUDLEY A. GRIMBLE
( Brewery representative )
01.06.1970


Named as the RINGERS in 1789 and as the
SIX RINGERS in 1791 & 1795.

Identified as the EIGHT RINGERS after 1813 but by 1822.

To Let with entry Lady Day 1841.
The RINGERS - apply to Mr. Bidwell's Brewery, East Dereham.

Described in 1890 as including a Porter Room.

Steward & Patteson business report, prepared May 1969 for Watney Mann (East Anglia ) Ltd recommended immediate closure.
"Poor trade. A short walking distance from the Bowling Green.
Often closed at lunchtimes and the lounge used as a store."

Ceased trading May 1970.
Licence not renewed February 1971.