NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
COOPERS ARMS NORWICH C index J index
Coopers Arms Index
24 PRINCES STREET St GEORGE TOMBLAND FULL LICENCE CLOSED 30.12.1911
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/2 ( 1867 to 1925 )
STEWARD & Co    
BULLARDS by 1873
Licensees :
-  
-  
.......... GRIMSON 1813
-  
R. SKIPPER 1822
SARAH ANNISON 1830
HENRY MOUNSEAR 1836
THOMAS HURRY 1839
GEORGE JENNINGS
& brewer
1842 - 1845
WILLIAM SMITH 1854
HENRY HUBBARD 29.09.1854
JOHN HEWITT 24.06.1864
Convicted 25.06.1891 of failing to admit a police constable.
Fine 10/-
Convicted 18.10.1892 of selling to a drunken person.
Fine 40/- plus costs.
THOMAS WARREN 27.06.1893
ANN REBECCA WARREN 19.03.1901
CHARLES JABEZ PHILO 17.12.1901
GEORGE YAXLEY 23.10.1902
GEORGE YAXLEY senior 08.10.1907

Part of Freehold Estate sold by auction 8th June 1813. Lot 2, a Public-house called the COOPERS, in the occupation of Grimson.

Recorded 1822 as the JOLLY COOPERS

Address as 13 Princes Street from 1901.

The Chief constable objected to licence renewal at the February 1910 Sessions. It was claimed that the house was structurally unsuitable for the business and had been ill conducted.
Messrs Bullards & Sons undertook to provide plans for the next meeting and to undertake alterations.

Licence provisionally refused 07.03.1910 and referred to Compensation.

Closed under Compensation 30.12.1911.