NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
DUKE OF WELLINGTON NORWICH D index
Duke of Wellington
5 CHAPEL STREET SOUTH HEIGHAM FULL LICENCE DESTROYED APRIL 1942
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/3  (1867 - 1953)
FRANCIS ROBERT FOSTER of Victoria Street
BULLARDS c1915
Licensees :
-  
EDWARD POWELL
age 72 in 1841
1830 - 1850
GEORGE BETTS
age 45
** 1851
SAMUEL DIXON 1854
ROBERT JOHN PARSLEY 1856
R CLEMENTS 1859
SAMUEL MITCHELL by 1867
CHARLES WADE 08.03.1870
ROBERT CHASON
(George Chaston 1877)
10.10.1873
FRANCIS WILLIAM HOLT 11.08.1896
JOHN BLACKBURN 20.06.1899
JOHN BAYFIELD ABBS
Went to Attleborough WHITE HART.
20.03.1900
FREDERICK MOUNSER 10.10.1901
WILLIAM NEEVE 17.06.1902
WILLIAM GEORGE NOBBS 19.01.1904
THOMAS SLAUGHTER 26.11.1907
HERBERT WILLIAM LONG 12.05.1908
WILLIAM HENRY NASH 24.08.1909
ERNEST ALLMAN 12.10.1909
ERNEST ARTHUR PERREMENT 13.02.1911
ALEXANDER HYAM 07.05.1912
ROBERT ROUNCE 07.10.1913
FREDERICK HORACE ALDRIDGE 05.04.1922
SOLOMON PALMER 18.10.1932
WILLIAM MURTON 12.10.1937
DOUGLAS ARTHUR OLIVER BAKER
(Brewery representative)
14.07.1942


The inquest into the death of Bridget Sunday
was held here 11th November 1824.
Verdict: Not being of sound mind .....did kill herself


Address as Union Buildings 1830.
Union Place 1836 & 1845.

As at South Heigham 1877 & 1883.

John Bayfield Abbs left the house in 1901 to take on the WHITE HART at Attleborough. At the time of leaving he had lost £70 in his investment.

Demolished by enemy action 27/29.04.1942.

Stood on the corner of Chapel Street and Manchester Street.

Licence surrendered 14.06.1955 to the SHOEMAKER, West Earlham, along with removal from the WILLIAM IV, Coburg Street.

 

 

House No. 507 on 1845 Magistrates list