The brewery of James
Beevor ( 86 Magdalen Street ) was bought out by John Patteson in 1784.
That of Charles Greeves at Pockthorpe was sold in 1793 to John Patteson.
By c1795 the brewery of Jehosophat Postle had been
In 1797, HRH Prince William Frederick had lunch at the Pockthorpe Brewery,
in a large newly manufactured vat.
By 1800 the Gt Yarmouth North Quay Brewery of Fisher had been added to the business.
John Patteson retired in 1820 and John Staniforth Patteson took over
with partners William Steward of Gt Yarmouth and his brothers
Ambrose Harbord Steward and Timothy Steward the elder
along with his son Timothy Steward the younger.
The brewery became STEWARD, PATTESON & STEWARDS ( 1820 - 1831 )
In 1831 the brewery of GEORGE MORSE was amalgamated with S,P&S.
The brewery became STEWARD, PATTESON & Co.
26 September 1837
brewery merged with that of Peter Finch.
STEWARD, PATTESON, FINCH & Co was born.
Samuel Paget & Son Gt Yarmouth Brewery plus 27 houses - added 1845
Bells Brewery plus 20 houses - 1866
Reepham Brewery of Bircham & Sons, plus 52 houses - 1878
Ferrier & Company, Gt Yarmouth plus 27 houses ( for £16,000 ) - 1884
Registered as a limited company July 1895,
the brewery became STEWARD & PATTESON Ltd.
The same year the Swaffham Brewery of Morse & Woods, with 51 houses was
More purchases :-
William Bolding's Weybourne Brewery - 1897
Eye Brewery, plus 20 houses - 1914 ( Purchased from Adnams & Co ,
Cooper Brown, Crown Brewery, East Dereham - 1923
Bagges Brewery of Kings Lynn along with 74 houses - August 1929
Everards Brewery plus 15 houses - 1929
Soames Brewery of Spalding - 1949
Merged with East Anglian Breweries of Ely & Huntingdon 1956