NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
TUMBLE DOWN DICK NORWICH T index
12 BER STREET St JOHN TIMBERHILL - See ROYAL STANDARD
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTER PS 1/8/1 ( 1867 to 1894 )
FREE TRADE To 1835
STEWARD & Co Owned by Steward, Patteson, Finch & Co. - First supplied during the year commencing November 1839
Licensees :
WILLIAM STANTON 1830
SAMUEL PARISH
& shop
1834 - * 1839
WILLIAM SEAGO 1842
EDWARD LEMMON 1845
-  
ROBERT JOHN WOODS ** 1851
ROBERT ADAMSON 1854


Lot 3 in sale held Saturday 30th May 1835 upon the direction of the proprietor Mr. Howell along with properties in Norwich ( Heigham, St Martin at Oak, St Peter Mancroft, St Gregory & St John Timberhill ), Hellesdon, Wymondham and Acle.
` Situated in the Best part of Ber Street with good stabling, enclosed skittle ground and yards adjoining'.

Forthcoming Sale by Auction advertised May 1848.
The ROSE & CROWN, OLD GOAT( with Brewery )  and the VAUXHALL GARDENS also being included in the sales notice.

Renamed the ROYAL STANDARD by 1859, but still given as TUMBLE DOWN DICK in 1867 court case.