NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
DOG & DUCK WYMONDHAM index
MARKET STREET FOREHOE HUNDRED - CLOSED
FOREHOE HUNDRED REGISTERS taken 12thSeptember 1794
CANN & CLARKE Named as the Dog & Duck in documents dated 1824 & 1876
MORGANS From 11.05.1894 to c1912
Licensees :
-  
THOMAS WATTS 1794
-  
MARY CROSS
& butcher
1836 - 1856
ROBERT CROSS
& butcher
1861 - 1871
Mrs SARAH CROSS
& butcher
1875 - 1877
JOHN CROSS 1879
THOMAS CROSS
& butcher
1883 - 1888
WALTER SHEPHERD
& butcher
1890 - 1892
-  
-  


Left by landowner Thomas Randall to his grandsons in 1738, one of several houses in his estate.

Mentioned 1755.

Also named found as the DUCK & DOG.

In 1891 it was advertised that:-

W. SHEPHERD
PORK BUTCHER
Fresh Sausages Daily
DUCK & DOG INN, Market Street.
Begs to thank the inhabitants of this Town & neighbourhood for past favours. Having sold Malt & Hops of the finest quality for the past 18 months, he hopes to still receive a further share of their patronage and support.

All orders punctually attended to.

By the 1930's the house was the OLDE BEAMS Bookshop.
In 1982 it was the OLDE BEAMS Cake Shop.