NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
DUKES HEAD WYMONDHAM Index
18 DAMGATE STREET FOREHOE HUNDRED - CLOSED by 1906
FOREHOE HUNDRED REGISTERS taken 12thSeptember 1794
CANN & CLARKE Named as the Dog & Duck in documents dated 1824 & 1876
MORGANS From 11.05.1894 to c1912
Licensees :
-  
WILLIAM SPIRNEE (?) 1794
-  
WILLIAM CRANNESS
(also given at the Dun Cow in 1836)
Journeyman carpenter - age 67 in 1851
1822 - 1856
THOMAS MAYGER
& engineer
1858 - 1864
JAMES WILSON 1865 - 1869
Mrs MARTHA A WILSON 1871 - 1872
DANIEL HOWLETT 1875
JAMES GOWEN 1879
WILLIAM SMITH 1881
WILLIAM OAKLEY 1883
GEORGE CLABBURN 1885 - 1888
HENRY MOORE 1890 - 1896
DANIEL GRAY / GREY 1900 - 1902
-  

 


Named as the DUKE OF CUMBERLAND in 1790 & 1794


Benjamin Weston, of Wymondham was seen by police-constables Hook and Robinson, at between two and three a.m. on 11th December 1864, to come from the public-house stables with a bottle containing seventeen pints of ale. Licensee Thomas Mayger confirmed that access to the cellar could be made by removing boards from the hayloft above.
Found guilty, Weston received two months' hard labour.

Licence surrendered 1906