NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
TROWEL & HAMMER EAST HARLING Index
WHITE HART STREET GUILTCROSS HUNDRED FULL LICENCE  CLOSED c1939
LACONS  
Licensees :
-
-  
GEORGE SMITH
bricklayer
age 58 in 1851
*1841 - 1872
JOSIAH PEAKE 1875 - *1877
GEORGE SMITH 1879
Mrs SUSAN WOODCOCK
age 66 in 1881
1881 - 1883
THOMAS SAYER 1888
THEOPHILUS THOMAS SMITH
age 31 in 1891
1890 - 1896
Mrs SUSAN SMITH
age 42 in 1901
married Arthur Graham May 1903
1900 - 1903
Mrs SUSAN GRAHAM 1903 - 1908
WILLIAM HALLS 1912
JAMES WOOTTON 1915
Charged Monday 12th April 1915 of allowing drunkenness on his premises on 3rd March 1915.
Fine of 20s.
CHARLES ASHFORD 1916
Mrs HARRIET ASHFORD 1922 - 1929
ARTHUR CLARKE 1933 - 1937


Image thanks to David O'Neale
Landlady Harriet Ashford and daughter Hilda Bass c1925

As the HAMMER & TROWEL  1875, 1879, 1883 & 1888

2nd October 1905 - Messrs. Lacon & Co. applied for permission to rebuild the house ten feet back from the existing position in order to make improvement to the corner of White Hart Street. The brewers were willing to give up the licence of the HALF MOON in order to gain the permission. The new house to have four bedrooms, stabling for three horses and coach houses. Building could commence about six weeks from approval.
The Bench granted the application.

Licence removed to the EELS FOOT INN, Ormesby St. Michael 07.03.1939 - a Lacons house.