NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ARK THETFORD Index
NORWICH ROAD
St. CUTHBERTS
THETFORD BOROUGH BEERHOUSE then FULL LICENCE to 1876
then BEERHOUSE later FULL LICENCE
-
GRIMSHOE LICENCE REGISTER PS 14/5/1 (1926 - 1954) & THETFORD LICENCE REGISTER PS 14/5/2 (1921 - 1965)
BIDWELL & Co from pre 1868
BULLARDS 1924
WATNEY MANN   
-  
ENTERPRISE INNS   by 2008
Licensees :
-
NOAH HOWE *1854 - *1858
JONAS CROOK
Age 47 in 1861
*1861 - 1869
PHILIP WILBY
Age 46 in 1891
(Labourer in brewhouse 1871 - probably this house.)
1872 - 1898
Mrs EMMA WILBY 1900 - 1902
EPHRAIM NOTTINGHAM
Died 1946
13.10.1902
ALBERT EDWARD BUNTON 11.07.1946
FREDERICK PAGE 21.04.1949
DOUGLAS JOHN BRITCHER 12.03.1953
-  
-  

The Ark - 1986
1986

Given as BIDWELLS ARK BEERHOUSE 1868.

It was reported 15th April 1865 that landlord Crook had fallen over a bench and had broken his thigh whilst scuffling in a sport or in earnest with another.

Spirit licence removed to the new BRIDGE TAVERN September 1876.
Business to carry on as a beerhouse.


Valued 25th July 1889 at £720 as a beerhouse, including land.

Following the presentation of a petition with 90 signatures, Thursday 2nd March 1950, a full licence was granted.

Substantially renovated 1984/1985

Closed during 2007

Refurbishment commenced April 2008

Reopened as the 
DEER'S LEAP
December 2008

Deer's Leap July 2012

Trading back under the sign of the ARK by 2016.

Closed by June 2019

Demolition commenced August 2019 - but stopped by council since permission had not been obtained.