NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
PRINCE REGENT Gt. YARMOUTH P index
Prince Regent
176 MIDDLEGATE STREET
Later MARKET PLACE
St. GEORGES WARD
later MARKET WARD
FULL LICENCE - 6 day
later FULL 7 DAY LICENCE
-
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 & Y/CJ/32 (February 1903 - February 1953) & PS 18/14/2 (1953 - 1973) & PS 18/14/2 (1953 - 1973) & PS 18/14/3 (1973 - 1980)
PHILIP EDWARD BACK    
BACKS of Norwich Ltd  
HENEKEYS Ltd From July 1948
Licensees :
JOHN HAINES
age 45 in 1851
1846 - 1865
Mrs M A HAINES 1868
JOHN BURGELL
Age 42 in 1871
(At SHIP by 1877)
1869 - 1875
~   Relocated  ~
PHILIP EDWARD BACK by 1903
PHILIP GLANDFORD BACK 09.04.1929
PHILIP GLANDFORD BACK &
JAMES FREDERICK FIELD
28.05.1970
LESLIE SPACZYNSKI &
JAMES FREDERICK FIELD
05.02.1971
RICHARD FRANCIS LYON &
WILSON McLEMEN
08.06.1977
LOUIS LESLIE VERTESSY &
WILSON McLEMEN
03.04.1980
   
   

 


Address as Gaol Street in 1865.
176 Middlegate Street in 1875.

Not identified 1883 - 1896.

It seems that when Philip Back took over the premises the name was changed to the MONASTERY and the name PRINCE REGENT was applied to premises adjoining the ANGEL HOTEL in the Market Place.

Market Place in Licence Registers from 1903.

Mr. P. Back applied for consent to the front of his premises in the Market Place, Friday 14th April 1905.
There would be no extra doors - The Bench approved the plans.

7 day licence granted 14.04.1939 upon removal of licence from the ANGEL HOTEL.

HENEKEY INN by 1973.

See BACKS.