NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BELLE VUE HOTEL CROMER Index
HIGH STREET NORTH ERPINGHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE See HOTEL De PARIS
NORTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 24/6/1 to 24/9/2 (1872 - 1969)
HENRY S JARVIS of Cromer
exors. of H S JARVIS of Cromer
Licensees :
JOHN PRESTON 1848 ? - 1854
WILLIAM SAMUEL TIDMAN
(Later at the NORFOLK HOTEL, Norwich)
1854 - 1857
JOHN WALKER 1858 - 1865
CORNELIUS TAYLOR 1867
Mrs MARY HUMPHREYS 1867 - 1873
JAMES LOVELACE 06.01.1873
ALFRED ROBERT JAMES WOOLBRIGHT 08.10.1894
ALEXANDER EDWARD JARVIS 03.12.1894


Opened 1848.

Offered To Let, with Immediate Possession, September 1857. Apply to the Proprietor Mr. John Preston or the Tenant, Mr. William Tidman.

Offered for sale by auction May 1861, then in occupation of Mr. Walker at an annual rent of £90 per annum, two adjoining houses also included.

John Walker, formerly of the Belle View Hotel, licensed victualler, auctioneer, smack owner and dealer in fish and then manager of the Ship and Billet Tavern, Old Woolwich Road, Greenwich, Kent, applied to the Court of Bankruptcy 8th April 1869 - since his failure in business had been caused by badness of trade, want of capital and business profits being insufficient to meet expenditure. His deficiency in funds was said to be £1,206 19s 9d. His expenditure was stated at £200 per annum.


Purchased by Henry Soame Jarvis in 1873.

An extension was built between the BELLE VUE and the HOTEL De PARIS and a single licence was issued 23.09.1895 for the combined properties.
The whole was then to be known as the HOTEL De PARIS.