NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
HOTEL De PARIS CROMER index
EAST CLIFF NORTH ERPINGHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE  
NORTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 24/6/1 to 24/9/3 (1872 - c1982 )
PIERRE Le FRANCOIS 1830 - 1841
HENRY SOAME JARVIS of Cromer from 1851
Exors. of H JARVIS by 1888
Messrs JARVIS (Cromer) Ltd 1945
EDWARD BUSH of Hellesdon, Norwich : by 1964
 ..   
Licensees :
PIERRE Le FRANCOIS 1835 - 1839
MARY FRANCOIS
Age 40
* 1841
EDWARD SEPPINGS
( Proprietor )
1844 - 1846
MATTHIAS GOGGS 1847
THOMAS BOULTER 1847 - 1850
HENRY SOAME JARVIS
& butcher
1851 - 1883
ERNEST FREDERICK JARVIS 30.07.1883
ALEXANDER EDWARD JARVIS 23.09.1885
FREDERICK ALBERT SAMUELS
( died 1961 )
08.12.1947
DAVID WALTER FROST 04.01.1962
KATE GERTRUDE WHELLUM 04.10.1962
EDWARD BUSH 28.05.1964
( PERCY HURREN manager ) 1964
EDWARD BUSH junior 15.04.1971
JACK COPLE ROCKMAN 03.08.1972
NORA WOODHOUSE LUMB 17.05.1973
KEITH BERRY &
JOHN GATENBY McKECHAN
26.07.1973
JOHN GATENBY McKECHAN &
BOHDAM SKRYPEC
17.07.1975
JOHN SWARBRICK 06.11.1975
JOHN SWARBRICK &
GILBERT TALLOWIN
18.12.1975
JOHN SWARBRICK &
GLENN TIDESWELL
15.07.1976
JOHN REDMAYNE NETTLETON &
EDNA GORDON
09.11.1976
MAURICE FRANCE 03.10.1980
-  
-  
HOTEL De PARIS - CROMER
c1920

Built in 1820 by Lord Suffield as a marine residence.
Converted into a hotel by Pierre le Francois in 1830.

Advertised TO BE LET September 1845, in consequence of Mrs Garthon ( the Conductress ) wishing to retire.
` This Fashionable and Modern, Free, Spacious and perfectly arranged Hotel...... Two profitable Taps attached... Apply to Mrs Garthon, Mr Simpson ( London) or Mr Seppings ( proprietor, Swaffham).

On the 25th June 1846, the proprietor advised that the building of the Jetty and Sea-Wall in front of the Hotel were rapidly progressing and were very amusing.

In June 1849 Mr. Boulter advertised for the services of a Conductress, for the hotel and also a Barmaid of the highest respectability. Applicants were to apply to Mr. Boulter at the Norfolk Hotel.


Amalgamated with the BELLE VUE HOTEL in September 1895.