NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
COACHMAKERS ARMS EAST DEREHAM index
144 NORWICH ROAD MITFORD HUNDRED BEERHOUSE -
FULL LICENCE from 1960
01362 695734
MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 12/5/1 & PS 12/5/2 ( 1901 to 1975)
Freehouse First supplied by Steward & Patteson during the year 1841 to 1842
Mrs HARTT Of East Dereham - Leased to Steward & Patteson.
STEWARD & PATTESON Purchased 27.10.1922 for £410
WATNEY MANN 19.04.1967
CHEF & BREWER November 1974
ENTERPRISE INNS by 2009 to 2011
FREE TRADE by June 2011
Licensees :
-
-  
BENJAMIN THOMPSON
& engine driver
age 28 in 1851
1850 - 1851
JOHN EASTON * 1856
W EASTON * 1858
CHARLES SIMMONS
age 31 in 1861
1861 - * 1869
WILLIAM BYFORD
age 66 in 1871
1871 - * 1872
Mrs MARY BYFORD * 1875
CHARLES CUMBY 1877 - * 1879
Mrs SARAH CUMBY
widow age 43 in 1881
1881 - * 1883
ELIJAH ROY
age 41 in 1891
* 1883 - 1894
ABRAM WILLIAM HOLLIDAY
age 34 in 1901
by 1901
EVELYN MAY DAWSON 24.11.1916
HORACE MINDHAM TROLLOPE 25.05.1917
CHARLES GEORGE BARNES 08.04.1927
ROBERT ARTHUR OLLEY 14.10.1932
ALFRED BERTIE CRANMER 12.02.1937
NORMAN REGINALD COOPER 12.10.1956
JACK WISEMAN ( 02.1957 - 09.1958 ) 08.03.1957
JOHN LESLIE WHITTAKER 10.10.1958
GEORGE ROBERT SYMONDS 06.03.1959
REGINALD NORMAN FEEK 08.07.1966
-  
PAUL AMOS
manager
June 2010 - Jan 2011
House closed and sold
GRAHAM CARTER June 2011


Image from the collection of the late Percy Rush. Copyright 2008
1898 image from the collection of the late Percy Rush.
Shown with permission

Offered for sale by auction Wednesday 6th August 1851. Then a Beerhouse with Cottage adjoining, Stable, other buildings, Garden and Orchard. Then in occupation of Messrs. Steward and Patteson and their undertenant.

Address as 72 Norwich Road in 1891 & 1901

Damaged by enemy action 05.10.1943

Full licence granted 04.03.1960 upon removal of licence from the OSTRICH, Longham AND the WHITE HORSE, Edgefield

08.03.1997
March 1997

East Dereham - 28.10.2001
October 2001