NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
OSTRICH LONGHAM Index
LITCHAM ROAD
HOW ROAD
LAUNDITCH HUNDRED - CLOSED 10.01.1958
MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTER PS 12/5/1 & PS 12/5/2 (1901 - 1975)
DEREHAM BREWERY Included in 1828 sale
SWAFFHAM BREWERY Appears in Swaffham Brewery deeds dated 1779 - 1874
STEWARD & PATTESON   
Licensees :
-
ROBERT WILLIAMS
(In Freehold house and land at Longham, 1835. No mention of public house)
1836 - 1847
GEORGE MURRELL
age 32 in 1851
& grocer
1851 - 1865
WILLIAM BATESON 28.10.1868 - 1871
JAMES CHAPMAN
& shopkeeper
1875 - 1888
THOMAS BARNARD 1890
MATTHEW SAVAGE 1891
EDWARD COPEMAN NICHOLS by 1901
MARIA NICHOLS 26.08.1904
ANTHONY GOODWINS 12.10.1906
ROBERT CHARLES MALLOTT 16.10.1914
WILLIAM WESTON 15.10.1915
ELIJAH GEORGE BOWMAN 06.04.1923
to closure
REGINALD NORMAN FEEK
Brewery representative
07.02.1958


Lot No. 43 in the sale by auction by order of the Trustees of the late John Morse esq, held on the 8th & 9th September 1847.
The property included - 2 Stables, Yard, Garden & all Requisite Buildings.

Address given as The Heath in 1851.

17½ barrels of beer reported sold in the final year of trading.

Steward & Patteson reported 8th January 1958 that following the death of the wife of the tenant, they proposed closing the house on the 10th January. The licence to be transferred to their representative Mr Feek until such time as a decision was made to its removal or surrender.

Licence held by S&P following closure 1958.

Licence removed to COACHMAKERS ARMS, East Dereham following authorisation granted 04.03.1960