NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ROBIN HOOD LITTLE WALSINGHAM Index
1 EGMERE ROAD
GUILD STREET
CREAKE ROAD
NORTH GREENHOE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 2000
NORTH GREENHOE LICENCE REGISTERS September 11th 1789 and  PS 27/8/1 & PS 27/8/2 (1903 - 1975)
MORSE Lot no. 48 in 2nd day of sale by order of the trustees of the late John Morse -
Held 8th & 9th September 1847
SWAFFHAM BREWERY Property of Arthur Morse - Sold 1858
BULLARDS by 1903 : Leased. Owned by Elijah Southerland in 1915
Exors of ELIJAH SUTHERLAND before 1932
BULLARDS before 1960
WATNEY MANN 11.04.1967
CHEF & BREWER by 1975
PUBMASTER  
Licensees :
-
-  
ROBERT SMITH 11.09.1789 - 1790
-  
-  
THOMAS SCOTT
& farrier
1836 - 1839
GEORGE DAWS (?) 1844
JOHN HOLDSWORTH 1845
JOHN PIGGOTT 1846
RICHARD RAWSON
age 39 in 1851
& farmer of 16 acres
& bricklayer
(as Rawstone 1847)
1847 - 1856
GEORGE PALMER 1858 - 1869
JAMES RUSH
went to GREAT EASTERN, Fakenham
1871
WILLIAM HALL 1875 - 1883
WALTER GRAVES 1888 to 1914
LEONARD GRIMES 04.05.1914
AMBROSE CRANE 01.02.1915
JOSHUA SHACKCLOTH 01.11.1915
PERCY L'ESTRANGE 06.01.1916
JOHN WILLIE POTTER 03.05.1920
WALTER GEORGE SMITH 01.11.1920
JOHN WILLIAM CURSON 04.05.1925
ARTHUR WIDDOWS 03.01.1927
GEORGE ALBERT LILLEY 04.05.1931
WILLIAM BARRETT 07.05.1934
ARTHUR WATTS 03.05.1937
ALEXANDER SCOTT
Died 1943
06.01.1941
WALTER GRASS
(ex timber worker of 176, London Road, Brandon)
03.05.1943
FREDERICK NEVILLE WOODBINE 05.09.1949
ELIZABETH WOODBINE 06.02.1956
-  
-  



An outing - c1953

For sale by auction 7th July 1858. Described as a substantially erected cement fronted brick and tile house, well situated in the High Street near the Railway Station. Also a large walled-in Garden and Yard in which there was a newly-erected Stable, Coach-house, Hay and Straw-house, Piggeries Etc.
Sale at The Crown, Swaffham.
Occupant then George Palmer.

Offered again for sale Wednesday 18th August 1858. Described as near the Railway Station, containing a Bar, Parlour, two Kitchens, two store-rooms, Club-room, Cellar and seven Bed-rooms. Also a large walled-in garden and Yard, in which there is a newly erected Brick and Tiled three-stalled Stable, Lock-up coach-house, Hay and Straw-house, Piggeries and other Outbuildings.


Reported closed 2000