NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
STAR MARSHAM index
HIGH STREET SOUTH ERPINGHAM HUNDRED BEERHOUSE CLOSED 26.02.1957
SOUTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 2/5/1 & PS 2/5/2 ( 3 Feb 1925 to 1975 )
REEPHAM BREWERY to 1878
STEWARD & PATTESON to closure 1957
Licensees :
-  
WILLIAM D. SPARK
& wheelwright & carpenter
* 1861 - 1863
WILLIAM MEDLER * 1864 - 1865
JAMES RANDELL
& agricultural labourer
( also as Randall )
1868 - * 1883
Mrs LETITIA RANDELL
( also as Randall )
1888 - 1900
JOHN HENRY WHITE * 1904 - * 1908
CHARLES ROBERT SUTTON 1915 - 1916
HARRIET RUTH SUTTON by 1925 - 1957
REGINALD NORMAN FEEK 26.02.1957

Not identified pre 1861.

On Tuesday 1st August 1865 William Medler was fined £2 and 16s costs for having refused to leave the FOX at Hevingham on 7th July 1865.

Lot No. 11 in the sale of Bircham & sons Reepham Brewery Saturday 8th June 1878.
Then let to James Randall at an annual rent of £10.

A Beerhouse containing :-
2 Front Rooms, back Room & Cellar, 4 Bedrooms; Yard behind in which are an enclosed 9 Pin Ground, Wash House & Wood House, Stables & Barn; Also a large Club Room with Shop beneath, fronting the road; foreground with a dwarf fence and a garden.
Freehold - purchased by Steward.

Licence surrendered 1957 in consideration of ( Full Licence for?) the SWAN, Aylsham.

24¼ barrels of beer sold in the final year of trading.

Licence surrendered 07.05.1958