NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
HALF MOON NORWICH H Index
Half Moon Index
240 KING STREET ST PETER SOUTHGATE - CLOSED c1886
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 ( 1867 - 1894 )
St MARTINS BREWERY Part of the estate of the late John Day offered for sale 13.07.1797
STEWARD & Co Freehold ( part leasehold ? ) - Owned by George Morse.
Licensees :
-
EDWARD DYBALL
waterman
1760 - 1763
GEORGE GREENFIELD 1806 - 1810
R. GREENFIELD 1822
HENRY BUTTLE
( as Bottle 1836 )
1830 - 1839
JOHN TURNER 1842 - 1845
HENRY HOWES
age 50 in 1851
& carter
by 1850
GEORGE WIGGER
( son in law of Henry Howes )
04.03.1873
WILLIAM GEORGE ADDISON 26.10.1885


House No. 8 on 1845 Magistrates list

Address as Ber Street in 1839 according to Robson.

Licence transferred in 1886 to the CRICKETERS, Lakenham along with that of the DOLPHIN, St Mary, according to S&P document.

Licence Register gives a date of 29.03.1887 when the licence was dropped for a new licence for the CRICKETERS ARMS, Lakenham.