NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
THREE TUNS NORWICH T Index
Three Tuns
51 LONDON STREET St. ANDREWS FULL LICENCE
( 6 day 1872 - 1921 )
CLOSED 1921
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 & PS 1/8/4 ( 1867 to 1965 )
BARWELL & SONS as given 1867
TOLLEMACHE BREWERY of Ipswich - 1920
Licensees :
-
THOMAS DELF 1802
JOHN CULLEY 1806 - 1807
GEORGE SPRINGALL 1810
JAMES HADMAN
( Bankrupt  September 1814 )
1810 - 1814
WILLIAM HADMAN * 1811
W. ALLEN 1822
JOHN CULLEY
age 65 in 1841
1841 - 1845
JOHN BARWELL junior &
HENRY GEORGE BARWELL
by 1862
JOHN BARWELL junior &
HENRY GEORGE BARWELL &
JOHN BARWELL senior
1871
JOHN BARWELL junior &
HENRY GEORGE BARWELL
1877
JOHN EDRICK HAYWARD BARWELL &
BERTRAM PHILIP PARIS BARWELL
c1901
JOHN EDRICK HAYWARD BARWELL 03.02.1920




Address also as Coopers Court ( 1802 ), Cockey Lane ( 1822 )
 &  St. Andrews Hill ( 1842 & 1845 ).

James and Mary Hadman claimed 17th May 1810, that they were in no way responsible for a Clerk, at the Anchor Fire office, who had been arrested for fraud. He had frequented the Tavern and they had only given him advice on his situation that his extravagance had brought him. His claim that he had been ruined by visiting the Tavern had been retracted and they had a letter in his own hand-writing in support.

* 1811 entry at Coopers Row for the TUNS TAVERN in Holden's directory.
Found as the TUNS and as the THREE TUNS TAVERN. Generally known as BARWELLS to 1921.

In 1811 a meeting of the Trafalgar Lodge of Oddfellows, held in an upper room, was interrupted by collapse of the floor.


Licence dropped 1921 and the premises sold to the National Provisional & Union Bank of England.






House No. 270 on 1845 Magistrates list.