NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CROWN & ANCHOR CROMER index
29 GARDEN STREET NORTH ERPINGHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 17.09.1970
NORTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 24/6/1 to 24/9/3 (1872 - c1982)
ELIZABETH BREEZE of Cromer to 1879

Supplied by Hardy of Letheringsett.

GEORGE BREEZE of Cromer
JAMES WILLIAM MASON of London (by 1891)
STEWARD & PATTESON undated (Purchased 02.10.1907 for the sum of £1800)
WATNEY MANN Closed by Watney Mann (East Anglia) Ltd., 1970
Licensees :
CHARLES LOYNES
Brewer & Beer Retailer 1839
* 1839 - * 1856
(MARY HARRISON) (1841)
GEORGE FRANCIS 1858
DAVID DURRANT * 1865 - 1887
(Mrs MARY ANN DURRANT) (* 1883)
WILLIAM WALPOLE AMIS 07.11.1887
RICHARD BOASE 13.10.1902
GEORGE HENRY BAKER 11.05.1903
HERBERT SELF 10.10.1927
AUGUSTA SELF 26.09.1938
ALBERT HURRELL 24.03.1941
JOHN HOUCHEN GUNTON 10.08.1942
WILLIAM FRED GREEN 28.06.1943
WILLIAM MORRIS ASH 29.06.1953
to closure
NORMAN GREEN 17.09.1970

Named the KINGS ARMS 1767 - 1822
but found as the CROWN in 1828.
By 1836 the house was named the PIG & WHISTLE.

Charles Loynes had taken over in 1839 and was running it as a hotel by 1845. It was known as the CROWN & ANCHOR from that time.

Damaged by enemy action 22.07.1942

Licence not renewed 03.02.1972