NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ROCK BREWERY NORWICH Thorpe Hamlet
C index Brewery
19 ROSARY ROAD THORPE HAMLET - CLOSED

 Earliest identification <yet> August 1895

Advertised 30th June 1896
The ROCK BREWERY of
Lewis*, Ingold & Collard.

Offering their Famous Rock Ales.

Contracts taken for Cask or Bottled Beers.

Telephone Norwich 196.

Site appears to be that of the former COLEMAN'S BREWERY

*The 1896 Trades Directory gives the occupants of 19 Rosary Road as :-
Munford George John Lewis, Ingold & Collard.

In 1900 and 1904 the occupant of 19 Rosary Road is simply George John Mumford.
By 1908 to at least 1912, Mrs. Mumford is at the address and the property is named Chalk Hill House.

By 1916 the Norwich City football ground (The Nest) covers the area.
(Football ground is then between numbers 7, the EVENING GUN and 43 Rosary road.

~